WHAT ARE THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS?
The Green Apple Environment Awards were established in 1994 as an annual
campaign to recognise, reward and promote environmental best practice around
Scottish companies and projects have two chances of success, because if
you apply for a Scottish Green Apple Environment Award, that entry is
also submitted into the UK category of the International Green Apple
Awards. So you could win a Scottish Award (presented in Scotland) AND a
UK Award (presented in London).
The awards are supported by REHIS – The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland
They are FREE TO ENTER and open to anyone who is helping the environment.
The Green Apple Awards was one of the first campaigns to be accepted as an RSA
accredited feeder scheme into the European Business Awards for the Environment, so
Green Apple Award winners are automatically considered to represent their country in
the Brussels-led EBAEs.
There are still only a few UK schemes that have this honour.
WHO CAN ENTER?
Entries are invited from any company, council, community or individual within Scotland.
All of our winners will be invited to attend a glittering presentation where they will all be
presented with attractive Green Apple Award trophies.
HOW TO ENTER
Simply complete the entry form, and use up to 1000 words to go into more detail on why you should win a Green Apple Award. Alternatively, you can email your entry to email@example.com
• Free entries close on September 30 every year
• Last Minute Entries accepted up to October 31 every year (on payment of
£100 + VAT Last Minute Entry Fee)
• Late Entries are accepted up to November 30 every year (on payment of
£150 + VAT Late Entry Fee)
• Judges notifications will be made in December/January every year
HOW MANY ENTRIES CAN WE SUBMIT?
No limit. THE FIRST ENTRY IS FREE.
Additional entries each incur an Entry Fee of £100 + VAT.
WHO RUNS THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS?
The Green Apple Awards are run by The Green Organisation – an independent,
non-political, non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising,
rewarding and promoting environmental best practice around the world.
THE AIMS OF THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS
• To improve environmental performance
• Encourage the efficient use of resources.
• Enhance the competitiveness of organisations.
• To support the wider goals of sustainable development, including social benefits through
community and staff involvement.
• To help Green Apple Award winners to benefit from their environmental endeavours.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
• We will be presenting Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies in
each category and the highest scorers will be announced
as Green Champions.
• Winners will be invited to the prize giving ceremony
and presented with a personalised Green Apple trophy.
• You will also be given a draft press release to publicise your success,
and free use of the Green Apple Winner logo. Just Google ‘Green Apple
Environment Awards’ to see the acres of media coverage devoted to our winners.
• You will have the chance to represent your country in the European Business Awards
for the Environment.
• You will also have the opportunity to become a Green World Ambassador.
We present Green World Ambassador insignia at an additional ceremony and they are awarded to winners who ‘help others to help the environment’. You can help others by having your winning paper published in
The Green Book, the world’s only annual work of reference on environmental best
practice. We distribute this all over the UK and around the world – free of charge to
reference libraries, universities, the media, etc.
SCOTTISH GREEN APPLE AWARDS ENTRY FORM