The Green Apple Awards for Scotland
The Scottish Green Apple Awards
Please feel free to submit entries for the 2021 Scottish Green Apple Awards.
We are accepting entries even though the schedule is currently under review because of the Covid-19 problems.
We will make further announcements as the situation develops.
WHAT ARE THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS?
The Green Apple Environment Awards were established in 1994 as an annual campaign to recognise, reward and promote environmental best practice around the world.
The Scottish Green Apple Environment Awards are supported by REHIS – The Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland
They are FREE TO ENTER and open to anyone who is helping the environment.
The Green Apple Awards was the first campaign to be accepted as an accredited feeder scheme into the European Business Awards for the Environment, so Green Apple Award winners are automatically considered to represent their country in the Brussels-led EBAEs.
There are still only a few UK schemes that have this honour.
The Green Apple Awards are also the world’s only feeder scheme into the Green World Awards, which are presented in a different country every year.
WHO CAN ENTER?
Entries are invited from any company, council, community or individual within Scotland.
All of our winners will be invited to attend a glittering presentation where they will all be presented with prestigious Green Apple Award trophies.
Scottish projects by non-Scottish companies are also eligible.
HOW TO ENTER
Simply complete the entry form, and use up to 1000 words to go into more detail on why you should win a Green Apple Award. Alternatively, you can email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal entries can be sent to:
The Green Organisation.
• Free entries close on October 31 every year
• Last Minute Entries accepted up to November 30 every year (on payment of
£100 + VAT Last Minute Entry Fee. Discounted from £150+VAT if paid in 14 days.)
• Late Entries are accepted up to December 31 every year (on payment of
£150 + VAT Late Entry Fee. Discounted from £200+VAT if paid in 14 days.)
• Judges’ notifications will be made in December/January every year
HOW MANY ENTRIES CAN WE SUBMIT?
No limit. THE FIRST ENTRY IS FREE. IF SUBMITTED BEFORE OCTOBER 31
Additional entries each incur an Entry Fee of £100 + VAT(Discounted from £150+VAT if paid in 14 days).
WHO RUNS THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS?
The Green Apple Awards are run by The Green Organisation – an independent, international, non-political, non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising, rewarding and promoting environmental best practice around the world.
THE AIMS OF THE GREEN APPLE AWARDS
• To improve environmental performance
• Encourage the efficient use of resources.
• Enhance the competitiveness of organisations.
• To support the wider goals of sustainable development, including social benefits through community and staff involvement.
• To help Green Apple Award winners to benefit from their environmental endeavours.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
• We will be presenting Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies in each category and the highest scorers will be announced as Green Champions.
• Winners will be invited to the prize giving ceremony and presented with a personalised Green Apple trophy and certificate.
• You will also be given a draft press release to publicise your success, and free use of the Green Apple Winner logo. Just Google ‘Green Apple Environment Awards’ to see the acres of media coverage devoted to our winners.
• You will have the chance to represent your country in the European Business Awards for the Environment.
• You will also have the opportunity to become a Green World Ambassador.
We present Green World Ambassador insignia at an additional ceremony and they are awarded to winners who ‘help others to help the environment’. You can help others by having your winning paper published in The Green Book, the world’s only annual work of reference on environmental best practice. We distribute this all over the UK and around the world – free of charge to reference libraries, universities, the media, etc.
• You will have the chance to represent Scotland and your company in the Green World Environment Awards that are presented in a different country every year.